If you wish to specialize in WooCommerce, increase your consulting fees and become an advanced WooCommerce developer, here you can find many helpful WooCommerce resources.
~ Rodolfo Melogli ~
Free WooCommerce Video Lessons
Here’s a series of free video lessons you can watch to learn something about customization, configuration and troubleshooting (no strings attached, unsubscribe at any time). Whether it’s coding, understanding a specific setting or fixing a common WooCommerce error, I’ve got you covered!
Editing WooCommerce plugin files or core theme templates is never a good idea. WordPress, WooCommerce and properly coded plugins and themes come with “hooks”, and give you the chance to override functionalities and layouts directly from your child theme. Welcome to the world of WooCommerce customization!
Lesson 1: Where to Place WooCommerce Customization?
WooCommerce customization should be placed in a “child theme”, an update-proof version of your WordPress theme. In there you can override colors, fonts, layouts (CSS) and even change or add new functionalities (PHP).
Now that you’ve watched Lesson #1 and know where to place your WooCommerce custom code, the following video lessons will show you how to achieve some basic yet effective WooCommerce customization. You will learn how to use “hooks” and add, remove, move or edit WooCommerce content. From the single product page to the checkout page, I’ve got you covered!
Getting to know the WooCommerce settings inside out could save you time and money. We’re all guilty of looking for plugins and code snippets… when the solution is already provided by WooCommerce out of the box! Deeply understanding the WooCommerce configuration options can really open a world of possible.
Lesson 1: Where to Find WooCommerce Settings?
WooCommerce setup begins from knowing exactly what the settings do and… where to find them. If you get familiar with the range of plugin features you can also figure out when the default settings are not enough for your needs.
Now that you know “where to look” in regard to WooCommerce setup, the following video lessons will show you how to master some of the most popular WooCommerce settings. You will learn what the ideal product image sizes are, how to create complex shipping rules, how to handle taxes and more. Either way, these free videos will help you immensely!
Fixing a broken WooCommerce website should be easy and fast. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case and your website users may be deeply affected. Here are some free lessons for you so you can understand the terms, know the causes and figure out how to act quickly.
Lesson 1: Updating WooCommerce The Right Way
Easier said than done: you can avoid 99% of your WooCommerce website issues if you can keep your website up to date and avoid conflicts and bugs (or even security holes).
Now that you’ve likely excluded most issues by keeping your software up to date, you need to know that sometimes that’s not enough and you may experience website errors or be victim of a hacker attack. This means you’ve got to take action, guess the cause and find a fix.
Free WooCommerce Tips, Snippets & Tutorials
A collection of tips, snippets and articles to answer your most important WooCommerce customization questions. And to give you a head-start on the most common WooCommerce edits!
- WooCommerce: Get List Of All CustomersToday’s snippet is a helpful shortcut for getting the list of customers in your WooCommerce website. This may be necessary during customization, especially if you […]
- WooCommerce: Order Again Button @ My Account > OrdersThe WooCommerce “Order Again” button displays for ‘completed’ orders on the Thank You page and View Order page. That’s a pity, because it would be […]
- WooCommerce: How to Add a Top Bar to Storefront ThemeThe Storefront theme is one of the most popular WooCommerce themes. As of today, it has 200,000 active installations and 4.5/5 ratings, as well as […]
- WooCommerce: Search Orders By SKU @ AdminExactly. By default, when you search for orders in the WordPress > WooCommerce > Orders backend, using a SKU will give you 0 results. Which […]
- WooCommerce: Reorder My Account TabsWhen you add a custom My Account tab, or when you’re not happy with the default My Account tabs order (Dashboard – Orders – Downloads […]
- WooCommerce: “Sale” Category (Automatic)You can use a shortcode or block in order to display the WooCommerce products on sale. However, what if you wanted a proper “product category” […]
- WooCommerce: Display Product Categories @ ShopWe already saw how to show product categories in the Cart, how to display a category in the Shop page, but we never talked about […]
- WooCommerce: Let Customers Complete a Processing OrderAn order can be marked as “completed” only by the WooCommerce store manager – manually. In certain cases, this operation may be automatic i.e. for […]
- WooCommerce: Check If Product Is A SubscriptionWe’ve already found out how to check if a WooCommerce product is simple, variable, grouped… Today we add more conditional tags as we study which […]
- WooCommerce: Retain Field Values @ Checkout ReloadGo to WooCommerce Checkout as a logged out user. Fill out billing name, surname, address, email and phone. Change your mind and go back to […]
- WooCommerce: Replace Variable Price With Active Variation PriceSurprisingly enough, variable products with a price range display two prices: at the top right you find the “parent” product price, displayed as a range; […]
- WooCommerce: Only Allow to Buy a Product OnceIn the era of online courses, subscriptions, custom-made products and product personalization, it may happen a scenario where a user can only purchase a product […]
- WooCommerce: Remove “Clear” Button @ Variable Product PageAs soon as you select a product attribute (by default, this is a dropdown right above the variation add to cart button), a “Clear” button […]
- WooCommerce: Disable Single Search Result RedirectYou have a WooCommerce product called “VREIUTERTKXYU“. You search for “VREIUTERTKXYU” (exact match). WooCommerce, by default, redirects you to the single product page as there […]
- WooCommerce: Display Prices Inc + Ex TaxThe WooCommerce settings allow you to show prices including OR excluding tax. But what if we want to show both at the same time e.g. […]
- WooCommerce: Display Customer Address @ Order PayThe WooCommerce Order Pay page URL is generated by the store admin while creating a manual order from the backend. This URL is then forwarded […]
- WooCommerce: Automatically Register Guest CheckoutsA disclaimer first: please make sure this is legal in your country and also that your checkout visitors are aware they will become registered customers […]
- WooCommerce: View Thank You Page @ Order AdminI’ve been testing for over an hour but finally I found a way to make this work. When you are in “Edit Order” view under […]
- WooCommerce: Truncate Tag List @ Single Product PageIf you use WooCommerce product tags, it’s possible that a product may belong to 10 or more of them. When that happens, the single product […]
- WooCommerce: Split Shop Page By CategoryWell, this is gonna be a big one for you. When you start having lots of products and lots of product categories, the shop page […]
Advanced WooCommerce Resources
WooCommerce visual hook guides, PHP coding shortcuts and additional resources to help you customize WooCommerce like a pro!
About Business Bloomer (a.k.a. Rodolfo Melogli)
I’ve been working as an independent WooCommerce freelancer since 2012. I fell in love with WooCommerce since the very beginning, thanks to its flexibility and the fact that it’s open source and easy to customize.
Since I started sharing my WooCommerce tutorials online, I discovered how much I enjoy helping people. Now I blog every week, I teach WooCommerce courses, I run local Meetups, I speak at WordCamps and I try to reply to every email and blog comment I get.
It’s official – WooCommerce changed my life. And I hope it can change yours as well.