If you wish to specialize in WooCommerce, increase your consulting fees and become an advanced WooCommerce developer, here you can find many helpful WooCommerce resources.
~ Rodolfo Melogli ~
Free WooCommerce Video Lessons
Here’s a series of free video lessons you can watch to learn something about customization, configuration and troubleshooting (no strings attached, unsubscribe at any time). Whether it’s coding, understanding a specific setting or fixing a common WooCommerce error, I’ve got you covered!
Editing WooCommerce plugin files or core theme templates is never a good idea. WordPress, WooCommerce and properly coded plugins and themes come with “hooks”, and give you the chance to override functionalities and layouts directly from your child theme. Welcome to the world of WooCommerce customization!
Lesson 1: Where to Place WooCommerce Customization?
WooCommerce customization should be placed in a “child theme”, an update-proof version of your WordPress theme. In there you can override colors, fonts, layouts (CSS) and even change or add new functionalities (PHP).
Now that you’ve watched Lesson #1 and know where to place your WooCommerce custom code, the following video lessons will show you how to achieve some basic yet effective WooCommerce customization. You will learn how to use “hooks” and add, remove, move or edit WooCommerce content. From the single product page to the checkout page, I’ve got you covered!
Getting to know the WooCommerce settings inside out could save you time and money. We’re all guilty of looking for plugins and code snippets… when the solution is already provided by WooCommerce out of the box! Deeply understanding the WooCommerce configuration options can really open a world of possible.
Lesson 1: Where to Find WooCommerce Settings?
WooCommerce setup begins from knowing exactly what the settings do and… where to find them. If you get familiar with the range of plugin features you can also figure out when the default settings are not enough for your needs.
Now that you know “where to look” in regard to WooCommerce setup, the following video lessons will show you how to master some of the most popular WooCommerce settings. You will learn what the ideal product image sizes are, how to create complex shipping rules, how to handle taxes and more. Either way, these free videos will help you immensely!
Fixing a broken WooCommerce website should be easy and fast. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case and your website users may be deeply affected. Here are some free lessons for you so you can understand the terms, know the causes and figure out how to act quickly.
Lesson 1: Updating WooCommerce The Right Way
Easier said than done: you can avoid 99% of your WooCommerce website issues if you can keep your website up to date and avoid conflicts and bugs (or even security holes).
Now that you’ve likely excluded most issues by keeping your software up to date, you need to know that sometimes that’s not enough and you may experience website errors or be victim of a hacker attack. This means you’ve got to take action, guess the cause and find a fix.
Free WooCommerce Tips, Snippets & Tutorials
A collection of tips, snippets and articles to answer your most important WooCommerce customization questions. And to give you a head-start on the most common WooCommerce edits!
- WooCommerce: Additional “Store Address” @ General SettingsSo, we all know that the “Store Address” fields under WooCommerce > Settings > General are used by other WooCommerce functions such as the initial […]
- WooCommerce: Stock Quantity in a ShortcodeIt’s great that WooCommerce products clearly display their stock status and quantity on the single product page (and on the shop page, with this simple […]
- WooCommerce: Disable Restocking @ Order CancelledWhen an order that has previously reduced stock is “cancelled” or goes to “pending payment” because the payment failed or the store admin decided to […]
- WooCommerce: Turn Checkout Into a Quote SystemThere are certainly ways and plugins to turn WooCommerce into a quote engine, but today I want to share a super simple workaround that could […]
- WooCommerce: Hide “Shipping Via ___” @ Thank You Page, View Order PageEspecially when you do a lot of custom shipping, showing the shipping method title may not be a good idea. Honestly, the default “via ___” […]
- WooCommerce: Resend Any Order EmailHow annoying is the fact you can only resend the “New Order Notification” from the single order admin page? What if you’re testing out and […]
- WooCommerce: Automatically Cancel OrdersYou may wondering – “but I can already do that from the WooCommerce settings!“. Yes, that’s correct; go to WooCommerce Settings > Products > Inventory […]
- WooCommerce: Add to Cart Quantity SuffixOn a default WooCommerce install, we add X products to cart by defining the add to cart quantity on the single product page. But what […]
- WooCommerce: Redirect Specific Product Search To Custom URLGo to a WooCommerce website. Search for a product. Get to the search results page, which displays from 0 to N products based on the […]
- WooCommerce: Disable Emails For a Single OrderThis is a cool customization that can come useful for WooCommerce store admins, especially when they do manual order status changes via the Orders admin […]
- WooCommerce: Ajax Add to Cart Quantity @ ShopAs you know, you can tick the “Enable AJAX add to cart buttons on archives” checkbox in the WooCommerce settings in order to add products […]
- WooCommerce: Set Product Discount Percentage @ Product AdminLet’s say you want to apply a 10% discount on a WooCommerce product. Its original price is $79.56. You go to the “Edit Product” page, […]
- WooCommerce: In Stock Products ShortcodeWe’ve already coded a solution to display WooCommerce out of stock products only via a custom shortcode – today we’ll do the opposite: how can […]
- WooCommerce: Hide “View Cart” Button @ Mini-CartYour goal as a WooCommerce entrepreneur is… to get paid! We’ve already seen how to put Cart and Checkout on the same page to save […]
- WooCommerce: View Stock History @ Product AdminWhen questions such as “How do you save the product stock inventory history?” pop up in our private Bloomer Armada slack channel for WooCommerce developers, […]
- WooCommerce: Display Product ACF Value @ Shop PageWe already talked about displaying an ACF field on the single product page. This time around, we’ll do the exact same but for the product […]
- WooCommerce: Dynamically Update Variable Product Attributes @ Single ProductIf you’re familiar with WooCommerce variable products, variations are generated from product attribute terms (color: yellow & size: large for example). All possible attribute terms […]
- WooCommerce: Alter Product Search @ Manual Admin OrdersOk, we’re in a niche of a niche this time – manual orders (orders created by the WooCommerce administrator). If you’re familiar with that, the […]
- WooCommerce Subscriptions: Display Start-End Dates @ Cart & CheckoutInterestingly enough, when you add a subscription product to the cart, there is no renewal date information unless you scroll to the very bottom and […]
- WooCommerce: Get Current User Orders By StatusThis is a neat custom function that you can use in your WooCommerce customization. It can be helpful to know the list of orders placed […]
Advanced WooCommerce Resources
WooCommerce visual hook guides, PHP coding shortcuts and additional resources to help you customize WooCommerce like a pro!
About Business Bloomer (a.k.a. Rodolfo Melogli)
I’ve been working as an independent WooCommerce freelancer since 2012. I fell in love with WooCommerce since the very beginning, thanks to its flexibility and the fact that it’s open source and easy to customize.
Since I started sharing my WooCommerce tutorials online, I discovered how much I enjoy helping people. Now I blog every week, I teach WooCommerce courses, I run local Meetups, I speak at WordCamps and I try to reply to every email and blog comment I get.
It’s official – WooCommerce changed my life. And I hope it can change yours as well.